Wednesday, February 24, 2010

the more you know

Do you remember Monchichis? I had a few when I was a kid - in fact, my dad's nickname for me was Monchichi. Well, they are back in stores and as cute as ever! Here are some little-known Monchichi facts (from our very favorite source, Wikipedia).

- The Monchhichi franchise is Japanese and held by the Sekiguchi Corporation Monchhichi was created by Koichi Sekiguchi on January 25, 1974. Sekiguchi claims he has created this character in order to inspire respect and love in the young (Japanese) children and adults.

- The original name was changed to "Chicaboo" in the United Kingdom, to "Mon Cicci" in Italy and to "Kiki" in France.

- Monchhichis were monkey-like creatures who lived in the forest land of Monchia at the very top of tall trees well above the clouds. The tribe's leader, Wizzar, was a magical wizard who could make up spells and potions to defeat their enemy, the evil Grumplins of Grumplor.

My adorable little sister bought me a Monchichi to cheer me up on Valentine's Day. Thanks Pookie!


What were some of your favorite childhood toys?

No comments: